What does it mean for Tumblelogs to be taken seriously as art?
Posted by blackqueerdo
- museumnerd answered: Intent.
- cyoungblood answered: I am the curator of my visual world.
- cross-crescent answered: idea
- tselden answered: Positive mind expansion, negative commercialism
- origlio likes this
- the-madmusician likes this
- lilmaneater reblogged this from hyperallergic
- gloriamy reblogged this from hyperallergic and added:
- bbyear answered: It means that we will have to finally accept that traditional forms of art criticism - ie. the art critic - is dead.
- kiantessmith likes this
- swimmiesofdoom answered: just another medium!
- cukri likes this
- christopherdthompson answered: It means that appropriation is just as democratic as photography itself. Basically, Richard Prince is old.
- nrepasy likes this
- evhan55 answered: There’s nothing that special about Tumblr. The Internet is just a new medium whose affordances (fast/global) make it unique, and we’ll adapt
- fromafocus answered: Even God can’t beat a full house with a pair of 3’s.
- spcnvdr answered: bit.ly/yx9cHw
- no-thanks likes this
- cokelley answered: everything
- steakvegas answered: art is an inescapable part of the human experience
- michaelbrownart answered: You’ve used “what does it mean”, “seriously”, and “art” in the same sentence. Not a good combo/cocktail for Tumblelogs.
- civis-anima likes this
- mostlyculture answered: its cool. it shouldn’t even be questioned.
- enui answered: hopefully some money
- urbankitsch reblogged this from hyperallergic and added:
- batteredshoes answered: That digital appropriation is easier that a trip to the art supply store.
- hyperallergic posted this