Today, one of my fellow tweeter alerted me to the fact that one of Yoko Ono’s “Wish Trees” was about to be unveiled at the Museum of Modern Art (above) — the Museum confirms this — but last weekend in Washington, DC I encountered another one of Ono’s works at the Hirshhorn Museum which had a polite sign (below) telling people not to tie their wishes to the tree while it continues to bud. Their reasoning?
Your wishes may damage the tree, which is very vulnerable during spring budding. Feel free to whisper your wishes to the tree instead.
Posted by hragv
- gmundi reblogged this from hyperallergic and added:
- tkriii reblogged this from fuckyeahyokoono and added:
- zoenoelle likes this
- wurly likes this
- thedementedpsycho likes this
- fuckyeahyokoono reblogged this from hyperallergic
- hyperallergic posted this